13 April 2020

Quartered star Quilt finished!



I started this quilt in the summer of 2019.  I had actually started it as a light/darks quilt. But I wasn't happy with the way it was looking for my nephew, so I thought I would try the blues.  

I really like how it turned out.  I still have some of the test blocks from when I did it as lights and darks, so I can definitely say that will be a quilt in my future.


I was originally going to go 100% scrappy for the back, but I found a piece of blue that was almost large enough.  I had thought about making a few more star blocks and putting them on the back, but I wanted something a little easier, so I just used 5" square (many of which are the same as the front).

For the binding I used random blue fabrics, including some from the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!