06 September 2013

Pieces of a quilt -

I was browsing Fons & Porter magazine September/October 2012 and I found a quilt that I quite liked, called Rootbeer & Bubblegum.  (here is a link). I loved the pattern, even though I just made a triple irish chain (here).  But this one is a little different, it has a design in the middle.  I was not too fond of the pink & brown.  But I thought brown & green would look nice.

Now pieces of this quilt have already been shown!  I showed how to make the three color hourglass blocks here.


I know I used differently measurements for the block, so I had a lot of math to do!  I chose to use 2.5" blocks so that I didn't have to cut AS many, and I could put them with my 2.5" square bin when I was done.  I didn't strip piece this, because I was going for scrappy.


I have a few pieces done now, and cannot wait to get a top done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!