09 January 2023

Last finish of 2022

Well I squeaked by finishing this before the end of the year!  I started this as a round robin over the summer.  Then the quilt was sent to two other ladies that added some rounds to it.  Then it got sent back to me, and I finished it with one more round.

I knew I wanted to make this for my mom, and my mom has said she wants a quilt big enough to put on her bed.  So I kept that in mind as I added my final border to the quilt.


Here is the full quilt being held up by my dad and my husband.  I started with the yellow "flower" in the middle.  It was actually a snails trail block that I slightly modified to make it look like a rose.


I chose to do a yellow flower because that has always been one of my moms favorite colors.


And here is a picture of the full quilt on my mom's bed.  I would say that it fits!  She loves it, so that's all that matters.

Because of other Christmas obligations I wasn't able to add the binding until the night before I gave it to my mom! Luckily our friends have a sewing machine I could borrow. otherwise this might have gone into the next year pile!

This was finish number 12 of the year! (I know I haven't shared them all yet, but I will this year).  That might be the most I have finished in one year.  I do know one year I finished 9.  Having a long arm really helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!