01 April 2021

Monthly sewing check in


Here is my month of March colored in.  I was able to do some sewing almost every day!  Course it doesn't hurt that the end of March is my spring break :)

Most of March has been sent working on a tee shirt quilt (which I cannot share yet).  It's really large. So to make the tee shirt quilt:
* I cut the shirts
* I put interfacing on the shirts
* I trimmed the blocks so they were all the same size
* I sewed the blocks together
* I quilted it

I am now working on trimming and binding it.  But like I said, it's a large quilt so I spent some time this week cleaning up my sewing room, putting some fabric away that I had just been piling up.

I did take a little break from working on the tee shirt quilt to help Jordan with her quilt (more about it later this week).

This weekend is my first craft fair, and I have been slacking on making my microwave bowl cozies!


Here is a pile I started!  I don't know if I will get 30 made before my craft fair on Saturday.  My goal has been to make about 10 a month, which would give me a good number for my craft fairs.  I have a wide variety of patterns, sports teams, colored fabrics and some that are more specific like the musical instruments at top.

I personally love listening to audiobooks while I quilt, either that or movies I have seen a million times and don't have to watch.  But I listened to 2 new audio books.
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
The face of deception by Iris Johansen

Both were good.  They are both a series, I did not listen to more of Bardugo's because it wasn't online and I hadn't looked to see if the library had it.

Johansen's I started the second one tonight.

April will definitely be me showing some more finished things! I have Jordan's memory quilt & my really big tee-shirt quilt that I will have pictures to show.  I have a few other tops I just need to get on the long arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!