07 April 2021

S family memory Quilt 2 part 2

 

Jordan did a great job of figuring out exactly how many squares we would need for the hearts and then the background. 

While I was at school she laid them all out on the design wall. 

I love her placement and patterns. This is one of the reasons I’m so glad she was able to help work on her own quilt. If I would have done it, the squares with stripes would not have been going the same direction. I would have made them more random. But since she is helping she got to lay them out in the way she prefers. 
 
I chose to sew this a little differently than I have in the past.  Before I would have sewn each row individually, then sewn them together.  I chose to do something called webbing.

So I sewed the first two rows together.  Then I added the third row to it, so they were all connected.  It makes it big but then also kind of easier to put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!