29 March 2021

S family memory Quilt 2

Jordan came out to visit for her spring break this year.  She has come out a few times, I definitely enjoy the one on one time her and I get.

We decided since she was coming out we would get started (and hopefully finish) her memory quilt.  When Becca & I did hers, we first cut up all the clothes, then put them in four piles for the each of the memory quilts.  So that part was a lot easier when starting on Jordan's.

We also had a box of left overs from Becca's quilt so Jordan was able to pull from that too.

Originally when we were designing the quilts she had wanted a big heart, which would look nice, but the issue would be that there are so many different colors of clothing, one big heart wouldn't work well, so we decided on multiple hearts.

We chose 4" squares, we had thought about 5" squares, but then it would have made the quilt too big.


Jordan was very excited to start putting up blocks as soon as she could!  I had her do the ironing (of interfacing), and then I cut blocks for her to put up on the wall.  I had only cut a few but she wanted to start deciding how to lay them out.



Then as we continued we had enough blocks that she could put up a test heart block.  I can't wait to see how this quilt turns out when it's all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!