15 March 2021

round robin 2020

My round robin group in 2020, had 4 people.  

This is the first block I received.  I wasn't sure what to add to it, which colors to pull out from the star!


I chose the black and white border to make it a little larger, then pinwheels in teals.  I thought there was a lot of mustard in the star already, the teal would help make it pop.


This is the second block I received.  I liked the straight lines contrasting the triangles and diamonds.


I noticed in the second round it didn't have any of the blue, so I added that.  I went completely different for this.  I did a kite block.  I like the movement it adds.

 
This is the last block I received.  I love the framing on the house, and then the squares on point around it.  I picked out the colors I wanted to use, but had no clue about what to do.
 

Then it came to me, flying geese! If I wouldn't have been so in love with the fabrics I picked out, I probably would have made them all green, and to look like trees. I think they kind of look like they are flying around the house. 

And last but not least, my lovely cat quilt block that came back to me!  I actually got this block when I was doing the monthly block swap.

I LOVE the borders!! I cannot wait to add some more to mine to make it a full size quilt!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!