06 May 2020

Tee Shirt Quilt done!

I decided in the long run to add the smaller blocks to the top of the quilt.

I added a 2" sashing because I didn't want the quilt to get TOO large.  I measured each row, and for the most part each of them were close in size! I did end up having to add a little sashing to the top of some of the rows.  Then I added a full row to the top & bottom of the little blocks.


I also added a slightly larger border to the bottom, I figured that if I felt it was too long after quilting I could trim it, same for the side borders.


When I quilted it I actually did it upside down, because the of the back.  (there is a picture further down), but I had one small block left over and I used it in the back, I wanted to make sure the whole thing was on there. (If you don't know, when long arming you need to make sure your backing is a few inches larger in width & length to be able to attach it to the machine.)


Here is the finished quilted quilt!

 
 
And this is the back.  I don't think I have a close up of the fabrics I used, the left & right pieces have donald duck on them.  My FIL loves him.  I had actually bought the fabric for the back a few years ago to make him a quilt.  I think it works well for the back!  You can see the one extra block on the bottom right.  The bottom left is the label I used.  I tried something new.


It's cricut infusible Ink.  I usually have done corner labels and write them with a pen, but after a few washes, it ends up coming off :/ infusible ink will NOT do that!  Next time I will use my heat press to do this, you can see where I kind of moved the transfer sheet with the iron.

 I should have made it a small block on the backside, but I folded over the edges and stitched it right on top.  But like I said it's my first time, gotta start somewhere!

If you are interested in a tee shirt quilt I have more information here

You can connect with me on facebook or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!