11 May 2020

Sewing machine

I have loved using my 99k for the past 10ish years (before that it was a Montgomery Ward from the 80's that was my moms).

While I loved that machine I really wanted something with a little more throat space and backstitch.

So I have been searching for a 201 for a while.  I decided on a 201 because it has a drop in bobbin, more throat space & back stitch.

This is my 1951 Singer 201!


I found one on facebook that was close to me and within my budget (you'd be surprised ate how much some people want to charge for these machines just because they're vintage, not realizing they aren't actually worth that much.)

This one was in fairly good condition.  I did give the cabinet the once over.  And eventually I would like to fix the arm that holds the cabinet open.  But for now it's fine, I have some shelves that fit perfectly under it.  


There is actually more room to the right of the machine.  I am hoping I can train Minnie to sit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!