08 May 2020

a new quilt?


I finished 4 quilts, so that means I need to start another one right?!


I don't know where I saw a picture of a quilt like this, probably facebook (there's so many nice quilting groups there!)  But I decided to draw it out to see how each block was put together.

I drew it out in September 2019! So over 6 months ago.  I did the math and could use two sizes of blocks, just dependent on what size strips I wanted to cut up.  2.5" x 4.5" or 2" x 3.5"

The 2.5" x 4.5" are the same size blocks that my rail fence quilt uses! So I already had some started!


These came together SO fast.  For my leader ender I have been using, the mini spools, I ran out of backing fabric (ok I can't find it, I have more, I am just not sure WHERE). So I used this as my leaders and enders.  The blocks came together SO quickly!  I love that there aren't seams to match!

I think I am going to call this Quarantine Quilt, because things being the way they are, it's very mindless sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!