03 October 2013

September swap

BSA

This is the block I made for Janet.  She wanted a scrappy trips around the world block.  She said she wanted bright happy mix of solids and prints (I don't have much in the way of solids).



I was able to go through my 2.5" bin and pull out some bright fabrics

After sewing the long strips I cut them at 2.5" and then seam ripped one seam.  And this is what I came up with:



Now I haven't made one of these quilts, I have been "scared" to, wondering how it would turn out.  But this was fairly easy.  So I think I might end up making one of these!! But it will be on my long list of quilts I want to make.  I think this is the second quilt block I have done for block swap adventure that I have wanted to make myself!!! This swap is becoming dangerous ;)


I had some extra strips so I made this block for me.  I guess I am one step done to making myself a scrappy trips around the world quilt :)

And here is the adorable kitty she sent me.  (The background isn't that pink!)

1 comment:

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!