29 January 2013

Wonky log cabin

This is going to be a christmas present, and I have shared a few pictures already.  But some of my blocks have gotten big enough that I was able to cut them 9.5 inches.


I have heard from some people that they used black sashing.  I know it's only three blocks, but I kind of like them butted up against each other.  I have thought about making some that were half and half. But we shall see what happens when I get more done.  Right now I have two of each color. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, orange, purple, brown, black.  I might end up adding a "white" as one of the blocks.

I am linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. I love your scrappy wonky log cabins. I like the use of the white center. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blocks! Yeah, I really like them against each other without black sashing, too. These colors are rich and make nice neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are great! I say do whatever you want. I have been quilting for over 30 years and spent 29 of those years going by the rules. The wonderful modern quilters have taught me there are almost no rules. I personally am not a fan of sashing. Although I have a Log Cabin in progress that I am attempting to do with floating sashing. It is a little harder than I thought. I have seen many Log Cabins with no sashings. I think it will look great however you decide to do it! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. I am signing up to follow! So you can inspire me some more!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!