29 January 2013

Quilt cam

Bonnie Hunter does a quilt cam randomly at night (and occasionally on the weekends).  Tonight I was able to watch.  I like watching because I feel like I am sewing with someone else.  Since I don't have a lot of people to sew with.


Here is my set up.  I am working on a string quilt and the wonky log cabin.


Once I got a bunch done I moved tables to trim.  Minnie decided she wanted to watch quilt cam with me!


Here are two of my string blocks.  I have a few more finished but I didn't get the paper removed.

I am linking up to Cat patches NewUFO (my string quilt)

2013NewFO

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors in the strings and I really like the center aqua, I'm looking forward to seeing the end. String quilts are a passion of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your string blocks are looking good. I too am making these as leader/enders. They are so much fun and you get a free quilt when you get enough blocks. I'm a Bonnie fan too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen so many kitties watching Bonnie - how funny, she has a 4-legged following with quilt-cam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strings look great! I love the colors.Your kitty seems to like quilt cam! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun to see string blocks come together! I just tuned in to Bonnie's quilt-cam this week for the first time and want to start one myself. Maybe that will be a NewFO sometime soon. I agree that it's fun to quilt with Bonnie--having company, even virtual company, can make the time go easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remmebr wehn my Aunt taught me to string quilt I just knew that paper wasn't comming off, but it did lol! love the picture of your fur baby watching the video with you!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty colors in that string quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your string blocks! Aren't those fun? Visiting you from the NewFO link up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am a Bonnie fan and watch quilt-cam any time she's on. I'll be waiting for her to get back from Georgia! My mother-in-law gave me a couple of her extra phone books so that I could do some string blocks. Bonnie says that she really likes using phone book pages! I'm also visiting from the NewFO link up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found my way here thru the FO link up. Also love string blocks but also that old Singer machine you are using.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!