14 January 2022

Carrot Cake

Someone on instagram was looking for pattern testers.  I looked at her timeline and our timeline with moving and thought I would be able to do it!  So I signed up to test Carrot Cake quilt pattern.  she actually released 3 patterns, with different colour ways. 

I really enjoyed the pattern.  It went together pretty easy.  It would have gone together easier if I wouldn't have been in the middle of a move, living in a hotel then a make shift sewing room!


You can kind of see the sizes of the pieces here.  I liked how big they were, it helped it come together quickly.  Although I was supposed to make a queen size quilt, but I did not, because I lost some pieces.  I did end up finding them after I moved into my sewing room.


Here is the quilt 100% finished, quilted, bound and washed.


And here is the recipient of the quilt! It's for my grandson, Kaison.  He didn't get it when he was born, but about a week later when we were able to meet him.


He was making this face when I laid the quilt out on him in the car.  So I turned it into a meme.  So excited that grandma made me a quilt! His mom has been teaching him right, because she already loves quilts! He always wants hers!

 I decided to make this quilt a little bit bigger than a baby size quilt, because I wanted him to be able to have it for a while.  Not that I won't make him another one, but I wanted one that he could use even in a few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!