25 June 2021

Rainbow cats finished quilt

I had actually decided what I was going to do for this graduation quilt last year, before I had EQ, but I used EQ8 to help me figure out how many blocks to do and the borders.  I knew I was going to use muli colored cats, but I kept them blue for the ease of design.

 
The beauty of EQ8 is that I used it to tell me how much fabric I needed for the borders (I, of course bought a little extra just to make sure), but it was nice that I didn't have to do the math of figuring out how much I needed.  The program did it for me!

Generally I try use as much stuff at home as I can, but we are in the process of moving, so most of my fabric is packed! So I did have to buy some to finish the borders.  But I am glad I did, because I found some CUTE cat fabric.


Here is the finished top! I don't know if you can tell, but the outside border is rainbow cat prints!

I just did a simple meander in grey.  With a wide flannel grey back (which I did not get a picture of).  Wide back fabrics are definitely favorite for quilt backs, although soon I will have to sew them together to use as a backing for a scrappy quilts!


And here is the finished quilt! I am so happy with how it turned out!  And the recipient liked it too, which is all that matters!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!