23 June 2021

Rainbow cats 6


Here is a little time lapse of me putting together one of the kitties.  You can see I have some help from Minnie :) I love doing time lapses like this.  Makes me feel a lot faster than I am ;)


 The grey kitty was the last one I had to make.  Ideally I would have liked to make 3 more, to make it just a little wider.  BUT I just didn't have the time. I was on a time crunch to get this quilt done for a high school graduation.

But I actually think it works the way it is, because the young man this is for, I made a quilt similarly with HSTs & 2.5" squares for his sister (here), and hers had 12 blocks, 3x4.  So while it's not quite as wide as I would have liked, it kid of keeps a theme for the family of graduation quilts.  I will use borders to help make it a little wider.

I am happy with the colors I picked.  And while I would have rather just had one of each color, I don't know what other colors I would have done if I only had one green!

One of the things I thought about after putting it up on the design wall, was that I should have made some of the kitties face different directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!