17 May 2021

Accuquilt

I definitely love my accuquilt.  I remember when they first came out, I was not interested in having one.  I am glad I waited and got the go big (the electric).

I have been trying to go through my scraps that are too small for a board and cut them up.  I cut a lot into 2.5" strips (I think you will see a log cabin soon :p)

My second favorite thing to cut the fabric up into is HSTs.  I need some for a project (I will share soon) and I wanted to have a lot of variety.

 

 
I wanted something that was kind of mindless to sew, so I sewed HSTs to black HSTs.  They come together pretty quickly.  They are also easy to sew together because the Accuquilt cuts off the dog ears so when I sew it they finish very nicely.

I am sewing some for projects, but some of them will just be saved, and then eventually I can put them together to do some sort of quilt design.  Who knows what yet.  But they are so pretty. I love the contrast of the black and the colors.  I will eventually sew some that are lights and darks so I can use them with my 2.5" squares and maybe even my 5" squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!