16 March 2020

Churn dash quilt


Well I finished the blocks I needed for my churn dash quilt.  But I felt like it needed something, there was only one yellow block.  So it felt, I don't know, kind of "heavy".


So I made two more yellow blocks, another pink, and a purple.  But now I am not happy with the size, it's SO much longer.

So I think I am going to do something I have never done, I am going to make it square, currently it's 6 blocks by 4 blocks, I am going to make it 5 by 5, which means I need one more block, but I think I will enjoy the size quite a bit more.

I am excited to finish this quilt! I have had it too long! (I started it in 2014!)  That's one of the good things about cleaning and organizing my sewing room, I am able to get to some of these projects that have been hiding.

I am linking up with Monday making
I am linking up to design wall Monday

2 comments:

  1. I've been using this time at home to revisit ALL my UFOs. Golly, there sure are a lot of them! You've never made a square quilt? I prefer rectangles, but I've made my share of square quilts, too. This will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for pulling out an older quilt and move to a top. That's a great idea for our lets stay home and not mingle time. Good luck with finishing some more UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!