22 March 2013

The Lorax

I know I haven't written about it a lot in here, but I am quite green, I recycle everything and try to buy packaging that is either recyclable or that is minimal.  One of my favorite books since I was a kid was the Lorax book.  I don't know how I didn't find out about this sooner, but in January I found Lorax fabric on fatquartershop.com, so I knew I had to buy some! I don't buy there as often as I like because I love touching and feeling fabric that I buy.  Of course everything I have gotten from them has been lovely!

So I bought this fat quarter bundle, that includes a panel and 9 fat quarters.



I also bought some fabric just to have, since I don't know what design I am going to do.


On fatquartershop.com they have some patterns, I didn't buy them, but they definitely all showcase the fabric, even if it is differently.




As I continued looking I find Beaquilter, who has a tutorial on her blog about making a quilt with the fabrics.

this will definitely be something I keep thinking about.  I have thought about buying a solid (I think a dark purple would be lovely [I bought the earth tones pack]) and using that to go with it.  But I want to make sure you can see the fabrics and what is in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!