27 March 2013

Lorax tumbler

Well I have decided what I am going to do with all my lorax fabric.  I searched and searched and found a lot of lovely lorax quilts.  One of the ones that I kept coming back to was the tumblers quilt.  The only problem, is that the tumbler quilt doesn't use the panels!!

So I have decided I am going to make two quilts.  One as a tumbler and one with the panels.  I am going to work on the panels quilt first, because I will use the left overs from it for my tumbler quilt.

Here is some of the inspiration I have drawn from.

Sparrow in flight tumbler tutorial. Except I will be using my fat cat ruler for the tumblers.I have also not yet decided if I will add any solids to the quilt.

And this is the picture that kept popping up when I searched for a lorax quilt.  at Safieh's blog. I just LOVE it!! And I cannot wait to make my own!

And my quilt with panels, I have finally decided what I will do with it, but I am not going to try to write it out here.  But I will tell you that when I woke up Saturday morning, or I should say right before I woke up, I saw this quilt in my dreams, as in a finished Lorax quilt! So I went to my ipad (using the app Bamboo paper (which I blogged about here) ) I drew up a design.

I have one quilt I am working on, that I would like to have done by the first of next week (my spring break) and then the others (both my log cabins) are Christmas presents, so they can wait.  Because all I can think about is my Lorax quilt(s).  The tumbler I think is going to come together easily, and I will probably use it as leaders and enders.  The panels will take some math, drawing, and figuring out!  But it will be SO worth it in the end!

I think this is my most text centric post I have written! But I just had to get this out! I am SO excited about having an idea for my Lorax quilt!  I have said it before but I am bound by my imagination, if I don't have a vision for a project it won't get done.  That is why some people I love have gotten quilts, and others haven't.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I am linking up to WIP Wednesday, because to me this is the first step in quilt making.

1 comment:

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!