19 September 2010

FREE FABRIC!!

 So my MIL was cleaning up her storage rooms.  And she had some fabric that she isn't going to use/used in the past and has left overs.
 These are some veloury type fabric, it might even be velvet. . .I don't know what I am going to do with it yet, but you will see it again ;)
 These are just a variety of cottons. . .There is a solid purple I am looking forward to using!!
AND THIS!! is the cream of the crop!  These were made by my husband's great grandmother.  She made a quilt like that for all her grandkids (my hubby's aunts and uncles) and these are the left overs!!

I don't know how to sew them, so I will have to do some research, but they are hand sewn, and SO cool!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness!! What a treasure to find! Some of those hexi's look like they were fussy cut, are they? I CANNOT wait to see what you do with them! I have a friend who does a lot of dress making for weddings, she sends me her scraps. I usually us them for fancy little pillows, and Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!