02 August 2010

I don't know where this sewing bug came from!





 Those two quilts ^ are actually ones I made last summer, quilted them, just never put the binding on, why? I don't know!! So I finally did that.  I am probably going to put them on etsy (later this week).


 This is the quilt I showed the squares of last week!  Saturday night I watched fireproof and got just about the entire top done!  I was right about the fabrics going together nicely!
 Then I was thinking about what I would put on the back of it. . .I didn't know if I would have something that would fit.  Then I remembered that I had some fleece that had purple & green. . .and even though it doesn't look like it in the picture, it goes quite nicely with it.  I need to quilt them, I am going to go with a diagonal stitching, through the flannel.  Do you think I should make them criss cross? or will one set be ok?  I care more about looks than function for that quilting.

And here is the values quilt coming together!! It doesn't look like it, but it's quite small.  And I think I am going to make it square, so I will be adding some more rows to the bottom and top.  It also needs to have some more rows added to make it bigger. . .

So that's what I got finished on Saturday/Sunday. . .I am not sure how much I will be able to post in the coming future. . .Wednesday I am visiting family, and then next week I start training for my new job!  So it's going to be some busy days for me, I am not sure if I will have a lot of time to sew let alone post!

I hope you all have a GREAT Monday!

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! Especially like the values quilt! So, what size are those blocks? So cute, would be hard to know where to stop. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you would like it :p

    Well they started out 4", but when you cut them in half and sew them, they get a little smaller, so I would say 3 1/2"? I can measure them later.

    I could make the values quilt really big, and I think it would still work!! I think it would be fun to do a values quilt of one color!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!