09 November 2017

Sewing weekend

My best friend & I have known each other since we were 4.  In high school we both took sewing, and were bit by the bug.  In high school we used to get together at one of our houses and have sewing parties.  Even in college we would get together and sew.  

It's been a little more difficult since we've "grown up" and moved apart.  But we have still made time to sew together.  We visit her at Thanksgiving, and quite a bit of that weekend usually involves sewing.

Well that weekend wasn't enough for us.  So I started going to visit her during my fall break.  I got a lot done this year!














This was something I started to use up some of my 2.5" squares.  I saw a quilt like this on facebook and ran with it.  It went together fairly easy. The inside blocks were 4.5"x 8.5".

We stayed in a hotel room, which was nice for laying things out.  Here is her Allitare quilt by Bonnie Hunter.  And my scrappy rail fence.

I also started this quilt.  I got the heart all pieced, and now I need to finish the other rows.


She finished this Christmas top.  I love how it looks and how quickly it went together!


I also made some microwave bowls for an upcoming craft fair.  They sold pretty well at the first craft fair I had them at.  The black one is the "standard" size I have been making.  The white one below it was actually an accident.  I cut the batting too big, so I just used a larger piece of fabric, and voila! a bigger size, which is something people asked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!