04 September 2014

Memory quilts

I was commissioned by a friend to make memory quilts for her and her three girls. Her husband/their dad died in November of last year.  I of course said yes, this woman and I had been quite close at one point.  (moving is difficult)

I searched the internet for memory quilts, I knew I wanted four different quilts, and I had been given a variety of fabrics.  There were tee-shirts, jeans, suit coats, boxers, dress shirts and even some shoes! (which I managed to incorporate) I started a board on pinterest.

Here are the four quilts I drew inspiration from (each picture is a link to the original):





I have shared pictures of interfacing the fabrics.  There was a lot to interface. Then the cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!