25 March 2014

Dad quilt top done!

Here is the top all laid out (it sure was hard to get a full picture of it!!)  I chose a smaller white border then a wider black border.  I had wanted to do a yellow border also, but then I would have struggled finding batting to fit it! as it was it JUST fit on the batting.


I tried to get a picture of the quilting here.  I stitched inside the letters 1/4" (of the Chiefs and the KC) and then inside the yellow of the arrowhead and white of the arrowhead.  I also stitched around the black border.



This quilt was probably one of the quickest quilts I have ever made. Now I haven't always kept track of when I started projects (I am doing that now) but I started this one on January 3rd (designing it) and finished it on February 16th (minus the label).  It's amazing how fast something will come along when you are motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!