14 August 2013

Dr. Seuss

I posted in late June about how I was able to play with some fun Dr. Suess fabric.  (that post is here)  And this is what the final project was:
 
 
Curtains for my sisters classroom.  She teaches 1st grade, and has a Dr. Seuss theme, she asked if I would make her curtains, so we found the fabric online (and it was an excuse for me to buy more fabric hehe) and I sewed them up.  They actually didn't take THAT long, I serged the edges so I only had to turn them over once.  I think the hardest part was making sure they were both the same size! 
 
I have only made curtains one other time, and I hadn't realized that you were supposed to use double the width of the window! but I made sure it was big enough this time! 

1 comment:

  1. AND you lined up the stripes!!! well done! not always easy! what's next? floor pillows for the reading corner? book bags for the library? I'm sure your sister (and the class) loved the curtains :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!