28 October 2012

Testing Quilting designs

So when I learned how to use the long arm quilting machine a few weeks ago, she suggested I use a whiteboard to practice drawing designs, because of how the marker is held.  It would be similar to quilting on the machine.

Because of being a teacher I will actually put my hand on the board to steady my hand as I write, so I wasn't sure that idea would work for me.

So I have just been pinning things on pinterest that I thought it would be fun to try on the Long arm machine next time I go.  As I was thinking about it though, I thought that I could actually use my ipad to practice drawing quilting designs!

The app I used is called Bamboo paper, Itunes link to bamboo paper.  It is free, but they also have a paid version, which I use, because you can have multiple "books" so I have a "quilting" book.

So here are some of the ones I tried out.  Some of them are a little shaky because we were in the car while I drew these.


Doing "ferns"


Writing words



This was just practicing.  The cool thing about Bamboo paper is that you can insert pictures.  so I just played around and put in a block I have made and made a quilting design in it.

And I also did it with my scrappy Jacobs ladder.  Just to see what the meander would like like on it.

2 comments:

  1. The quilting on your block is terrific..it would be perfect for your large purple/green quilt on MQR.
    When practicing, I doodle on everything. Even sending a card/note to someone, I will draw some feathers in the corner.
    Doodling quilting designs is really addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat is that! I'm downloading Bamboo paper right now... I pinned your writing words to my FMQ board. I'm working up to FMQ. Nice blog, I'm a fellow StashBuster.

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!