28 February 2012

12 UFOs for the year


I have seen a few people online that are doing 12 UFOs (Unfinished objects) in the year. One a month. I was hoping to do this also, but here it is the end of February and I haven't even finished one UFO! Now don't get me wrong, I have finished 2 projects so far this year, BUT those were WIPs (works in progress), things that I have been working on for a while.

I realized when I was using my MILs featherweight that my Singer 99 would be able to sew through jean material. I started this quilt in March 2008! So when I get it done it will have taken me 3 years to finish! But my Montgomery Ward couldn't sew through the four layers of jean at parts of it! But my 99k blew right through it! I have gotten quite a bit of it done tonight! I am excited for this! I have always wanted to make a jean quilt!

Here are some pictures of it! I didn't do anything planned, it's all random, so sometimes there are the same color next to each other. But it's going to be wonderful!


Here it is just laid out.


And this fabric is what started the whole thing! spools of thread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!