17 July 2010

It's been a while. . .

I am sorry it's been so long since I have posted!! Things have been pretty busy!! First we went to Kentucky for ichthus, then back to Iowa to visit my family, then I had a friends daughter, then Ohio for Spirit song, and now I am finally back home!!

I sure am ready to be sewing again!! And I think I will get some stuff churned out this weekend.

Here is some stuff I have done since the last time I posted!So I haven't done much on the pinwheel quilt (that is for an exchange. I don't have enough of the middle border fabric to use on the outside :/ so I think I am going to have to go with a different fabric :(

I have also been working on a values quilt. which I posted a quickie picture of the pile of 4" squares that I had. They have been made into a lot of HSTs (half square triangles), lights & darks! And then they are going to go together, kind of a diamond style. Here is a layout I have so far (but it won't stay like that!) it's easy to change. I think I am going to make it into a baby quilt (or two!)Then before we went to ichthus, I finally finished something I have been working on since last summer. I call it a festival blanket!! It is made of bandanna's that I used to wear in high school/college.
That's all I have done (I think). I have to help finish Becca's quilt. She designed it all herself, and even helped sew a little bit of it!! Sadly we didn't get it finished before she left :(

so this weekend my goal is to finish Becca's quilt, finish Scott's grandma's quilt, and make a wetbag for my friend. And maybe get my sewing room cleaned up a little bit!!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. cute bandana quilt. rori is going to try to make one for herself. she really enjoys sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. was it hard for you to teach her? I thought teaching my friends' daughter to sew squares together would be easier for her, but she still had some issues, but it was her first time at the machine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo love the values quilt! Scrappy is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!