29 May 2010

Summer vacation!


So I signed up for a fabric exchange, basically you put as much fabric as possible into a gallon size ziplock bag. Here is the fabric that I received. I decided to do it as a pinwheel sampler, especially since I have already done these blocks for my own quilt sampler. I must say, I REALLY like the way this is coming together. The fabric I added (we could add up to 1 yard of our own fabric)
Here is my artsy fartsy attempt while sewing HSTs (half square triangles).This is a stack of 4" squares I have had for YEARS. Some of them were going to be a baby blanket, others were scraps, others were just random fabrics. I have started sewing them into light & dark HSTs.

I am still working on the pinwheel stuff, and a quilt top for Scott's grandma.

2 comments:

  1. Luv everything you've done! Where did you sign up for the fabric exchange? That seems like it would be so much fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sorry I didn't respond!! I didn't have the settings set up to email me comments! It's on yahoo, and I don't know why I wrote fabric exchange, it's actually a quilt top exchange of sorts. . .you sew their fabric they sew yours, then send it back!

    It's on Yahoo groups, this one is for the indiana quilters groups. There are A LOT of good groups on yahoo! I would highly suggest you check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you would leave me a comment!